- Heat a large saucepan with the oil and butter, add the chicken and cook gently for 4-5 minutes until coated all over.
- Season lightly at this stage with pepper and then add in the carrots, mushrooms, leeks, garlic and onion and continue to cook for a further 3 or 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the plain flour. Allow flour to coat mixture & then add in the milk and chicken stock along with the thyme sprigs and stir continuously.
- Next add Avonmore Cooking Cream & stir until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add in Sweetcorn & Frozen peas if using.
- Add in the wholegrain mustard, place a lid on the saucepan, reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and simmer for approximately 20-25 minutes until both the chicken and vegetables are cooked through.
- Stir occasionally during the cooking process to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the saucepan.
- Boil potatoes or rice while casserole is cooking. Once Casserole is done, garnish, just before serving, with some freshly chopped parsley & Serve!
A great dish to freeze, make some extra casserole & have in the freezer for a later date.
If cooking for young children, they may prefer less or no mustard.