Mexican Chili is a traditional hearty, spicy dish. While you may enjoy the occasional can of chili con carne, you can create an even better version from scratch.
- Ready Time : 1 hour, 5 min
- ½ tablesp. oil
- 450g minced beef or lamb
- 1-2 onions, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teasp. chilli powder
- ½ teasp. ground cumin
- 400g tin tomatoes
- 125ml beef stock or water
- Salt and black pepper
- 400g can of red kidney beans
Salsas and Toppings
- Avonmore Sour Cream
- Finely diced red onion or shallot
- Diced red pepper and mango mixed with a little olive oil
- Chopped tomato, scallions, chilli mixed with coriander, lemon, olive oil and seasoning
- Avocado mashed with a little soured cream and olive oil
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the meat and brown well.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, cumin, tomatoes and stock. Stir well.
- Season and bring to the boil. Cook gently for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans and cook for a further 15 minutes.