- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Grease six ramekins with butter and coat each one with half a tablespoon of sugar, shaking out any excess. Place on a baking tray.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pot of gently simmering water. When melted, remove from the heat. Stir in the egg yolks, sugar, milk, food colouring and vanilla.
- In a bowl, beat the egg whites with the salt until foamy. Gradually add the remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg white mixture into the melted chocolate, a bit at a time.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared ramekins. Run the tip of your thumb around the edges of the ramekins, wiping the rims clean and creating a shallow indentation around the edges of mixture to help the soufflés rise.
- Bake 20-24 minutes, or until the soufflés have risen and are set.
- Dust with a little icing sugar and serve immediately with Whipped Cream.
Per Serving 280kcals, 13.6g fat (8.1g saturated), 33.7g carbs, 31.4g sugars, 6.8g protein, 0.7g fibre, 0.269g sodium