- Prepare salsa by combining ingredients.
- Brush steak with a little oil to stop surface drying out and sticking to BBQ plate.
- Cook on a hot BBQ plate (griddle) or grill until well sealed (about 2-3 minutes each side for boneless cuts and 3-4 minutes each side for bone-in cuts) before turning, using the juices which appear on uncooked side as an indication when steak is ready to turn.
- For rare steak, remove immediately after sealing. For medium or well done steak, move to cooler part of BBQ, or reduce heat to medium/low and continue cooking for about 2-3 minutes each side for medium and 4-5 minutes each side for well done.
- Test steak is cooked to your liking by pressing with tongs rather than cutting. Cover and rest for about 2 minutes before serving to retain juiciness.
Note: Other recommended cuts: (Boneless steak) sirloin (New York cut), rump (including eye, centre cut and tip), fillet, round eye medallion, eye of silverside, blade, oyster blade or topside. (Bone-in steak) blade, T-bone, rib, or sirloin (Porterhouse).
Serving Suggestion: Prepared salsa and potato wedges
Serve with: Shiraz