Delicious Bacon & Butterbean Chowder from Paul Flynn Leading Chef The Tannery Restaurant, Dungarvan, Co Waterford.
1. Place the butter in a pan with finely diced onion.
2. Wait for the butter to sizzle slightly, then put the lid on the pan and turn down the heat slightly.
3. Once the onion is translucent you will know it is cooked through.
4. Add finely diced dry cured bacon and turn up the heat slightly. The bacon will not become crispy because of the liquid from the onion, once the bacon is cooked add a dusting of flour over the onions and bacon.
5. Mix the flour around and cook through for 2 minutes. Add the stock. Then add Dijon mustard. Add butterbeans.
6. Finish with double cream and a sprinkle of parsley