Chickpea Salsa Wraps – Rozanne Stevens
Great fun for kids, as they can mix ‘n match and create their own filling combinations. The chickpea base has a wonderful flavour and texture, you wont miss the meat at all! The filling will stay fresh in the fridge for 3 days and makes a super packed lunch. Go easy on the sour cream and grated cheese and you will have a very figure friendly meal.
- Ready Time : 20 min
- 1tbls olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1tsp paprika
- Pinch ground chilli powder
- 1tsp cumin
- 400g tomato purée
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2tbls coriander, chopped
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup Avonmore Grated Light Cheese
- 1 cup finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- 125ml Avonmore Sour Cream
- Cook the onion and garlic in a little olive oil until soft. Stir in the spices for a minute. Add the purée, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chickpeas and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Mix in the fresh coriander and season to taste.
- Heat up the tortillas in the oven if preferred.
- Divide the chickpea mixture between the tortillas and add tomato, onion, avocado, cheese, sour cream and lettuce.