Christmas coffee to get you in the spirit!
Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees:
1. Sieve the flour, put into a food processor if you have one, add the spices, sugar and Avonmore Butter and blitz into find bread crumbs. This can be done by hand also.
2. Add the egg yolk. This will bind the mixture. You may need to add a few drops of water. Remove from the processor bring together.
3. Roll the dough into a thin round. About 4mm in depth. You want the biscuit to be as fine as possible.
4. Cut the dough with a star shaped cutter.
5. Put onto a baking tray covered with parchment paper and bake for about 10 minutes or until browned on the top. Keep an eye on them, they can burn as they are so thin.
6. Remove from the oven. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
Serve together with icing sugar sprinkled onto the biscuits.