Preheat the oven to 180C and line fairy cake tins with paper cases.
- Cream the Avonmore Butter, zest and sugar together in a bowl until pale.
- Beat in the eggs, a little at a time, and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour and spice.
- Add a little milk until the mixture is a soft dropping consistency and spoon the mixture into the paper cases.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
For your icing:
- Add the whipped cream to the sieved icing sugar.
- Add the orange zest and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and combine.
To assemble, when the cakes are completely cool, pipe the icing on top using an icing bag and a swirly nozzle. Decorate with a little mixed spice sprinkled on top.