Delicious Cupcakes for all
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cases. Purée the strawberries in a food processor or blender until smooth.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl.
3. Whisk the milk, vanilla extract and strawberry purée in a separate bowl.
4. Beat the butter in a third bowl until fluffy, then gradually beat in the sugar until well combined. Reduce the speed and slowly add the egg and egg whites until just blended.
5. Gradually beat in the flour and milk mixtures, alternating between the two until combined.
6. Pour the batter into a jug and divide among the muffin cups. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
7. Beat the butter for the icing until light and fluffy. Sift in the cocoa powder, icing sugar and salt.
8. Slowly beat in the cream and vanilla extract until smooth and thick.
9. Spoon the icing into a piping bag or a plastic bag with a small corner trimmed off. Pipe onto each cupcake and top with a strawberry slice.