Turn oven on to 180c and line 8 little pudding bowls with Avonmore Butter . You could use one big oven proof dish but you will need to leave it in the oven for longer. Preheat oven to 180c.
For the pudding:
- Soak the dates in the boiling water for about 30 minutes.
- Sieve the flour, spices and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl.
- Cream the sugar and Avonmore Butter in a food processor.
- Add the eggs one by one, slowly.
- Add the treacle and vanilla essence.
- When the dates have softened remove the stone and mash in the water.
- Turn the egg mixture out into a large bowl and add the sieved flour and spices. Mix a little and start to add the milk gradually.
- Add the dates and water to the mixture. The mixture will appear lumpy. Don’t be alarmed as this will be due to the dates. Check its mixed properly by squeezing one of the lumps. If the flour is still white you know you need to mix a little more.
- Spoon the mixture a little over half way up the bowls and put in the oven for 25 minutes. You know its cooked when the middle is firm to the touch. If it’s not cooked through it will collapse.
For the sauce:
- Combine the Avonmore Freshly Whipped Caramel Cream and fresh cream in a bowl.
- Transfer to a saucepan and add the treacle and brown sugar.
- Gently warm the mixture till the sugar and treacle has dissolved. Remove from the heat and serve with the pudding.
Add an extra dollop of Avonmore freshly Whipped Caramel Cream to serve