- Preheat the oven to 230˚C/210˚C fan/gas mark 8. Lightly grease four ramekins with butter and dust with cocoa powder, turning the ramekins so the powder coats their entire insides.
- Combine the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of barely-simmering water to melt, ensuring the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water. When melted, stir together and then set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and egg yolks together with the sugar for about two minutes until pale yellow and foamy. Add the cooled chocolate and the flour and stir until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the buttered ramekins. Place in the oven to bake for 8-10 minutes. When done, they should still be slightly wobbly in the centre.
- When the fondants come out of the oven, allow them to sit for 45-60 seconds, then carefully turn each one out onto a serving plate.
- Dusting with icing sugar and serve with Avonmore Caramel Whipped Cream
TOP TIP: Make the fondants in advance and simply bake them whenever you’re ready to serve.
MAKE IT YOURS:
If you have a Christmas-themed stencil, such as a Christmas tree, a star of a snowflake, use this to create a festive icing sugar decoration atop each fondant.