A delicious Drizzle Cake with a Lemon Twist
1. Preheat the oven to 170˚C/150˚C fan/gas mark 3. Grease a standard 900g loaf tin and line with parchment paper.
2. Beat the butter, granulated sugar and lemon zest in a large bowl until pale and fluffy.
3. Alternate beating in the eggs and flour until just combined.
4. Stir in the sour cream and two tablespoons of the lemon curd until smooth.
5. Spread into the tin and bake for 50-60 minutes until risen and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool completely.
6. Beat the remaining lemon curd with the whipped cream until combined. Fold through the meringue pieces.
7. Whisk the lemon juice with the icing sugar until smooth.
8. When the cake has cooled, slice it in half down the centre and fill with the whipped cream mixture. Top with the other half of the cake and drizzle over the lemon juice glaze.