- Use clean fingers to rub the butter into the flour and icing sugar until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and bind the mixture together using either a blunt knife. Once clumps of pastry begin to come together, use your hands to gather into a ball. Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. On a lightly floured surface, roll the pastry out to a thickness of about 3mm and use to line a 23cm loose-bottomed tart tin, pushing right into the corners and trimming the edges.
- Line the pastry with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans or uncooked rice. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the beans and paper and bake for another 5-7 minutes, until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and cool in the tin.
- Heat the Fresh Dessert Cream in a small saucepan until just boiling, then add the butter and chocolate and stir until completely smooth.
- Pour into the pastry case and leave for 15 minutes, then place in the fridge to set completely.
- Sprinkle with fresh pomegranate seeds and serve drizzled with Fresh Dessert Cream.
Per Serving 482kcals, 28.9g fat (18.4g saturated), 49.8g carbs, 22.8g sugars, 6.6g protein, 1.8g fibre, 0.171g sodium