- Melt the dark chocolate and butter in the microwave using a microwaveable bowl. Melt the chocolate first keeping an eye on it as you go along, then add the butter and melt together (as the butter melts faster than the chocolate).
- Whilst this is in the microwave, add the eggs and sugar together and beat in a mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Stir in the melted chocolate mix and then gently fold in the flour.
- Add the chopped nuts and white chocolate (optional)
- Pour into a square baking tin that is greased or lined and place in the oven for 30 minutes. Once cooked, these should be taken out and allowed to sit for 15 minutes.
While this is baking, make the caramel sauce.
- Over a low heat, melt the granulated sugar on its own, making sure to stir it constantly so that it doesn’t burn or clump together. It will eventually turn into a syrup format.
- When it has done this, add the butter, be careful as the mixture might boil. Stir until the butter has melted completely before slowly adding the cream and the salt.
- The mixture should rapidly boil, allow to boil for one minute before taking it off the heat and allowing to cool.
Serve the brownies with the caramel sauce and a scoop of Avonmore Freshly Whipped Cream.