Preheat the oven to 180c:
- Sieve the flour, put into a food processor if you have one, add the, vanilla, sugar and Avonmore Butter and blitz into find bread crumbs. This can be done by hand also.
- Add the egg yolk. This will bind the mixture. You may need to add a few drops of water. Remove from the processor bring together.
- Roll the dough into a thin round. About 4mm in depth. You want the biscuit to be as fine as possible.
- Cut the dough with a pastry cutter.
- Put onto a baking tray covered with parchment paper and bake for 10- 12 minutes or until browned on the top.
- Remove from the oven. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Put the sugar, orange juice, water, orange zest and vanilla into a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and reduce for 5 minutes.
- Put the sliced peaches into the pot, reduce the heat and cook with the lid on for 5/6 minutes (till they are soft and cooked through but retain their shape).
- Remove from the direct heat and add the brandy. Allow to infuse for 30 minutes. You can keep them warm.
On each individual plate, place a shortcake star followed by a little Avonmore Freshly Whipped Brandy Cream, followed by the peaches and finally another shortcake star. Garnish with some icing sugar, Avonmore Freshly Whipped Brandy Cream dolloped on the side with a little nutmeg grated on top.