Smoked Salmon Dauphinoise – Paul Flynn
Delicious Smoked Salmon Dauphinoise from Paul Flynn Leading Chef The Tannery Restaurant, Dungarvan, Co Waterford.
- Ready Time : 1 hour, 15 min
- 600g floury potatoes peeled and sliced thinly
- Knob butter
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 200mls Avonmore milk
- 200mls Avonmore cream
- Salt and pepper
- 150g Smoked Salmon
- Preheat oven to 150
- Grease large ovenproof dish with the butter.
- Place the milk, cream and crushed garlic and potatoes, salt and pepper in a large saucepan and slowly bring to the boil over a low heat.
- Stir a few times to make sure the potatoes are evenly coated with the milk/cream. Simmer for about 15 minutes until potatoes are just almost tender and the potato starch has thickened the milk.
- Turn half the potato mixture into the buttered dish and try to make sure they are submerged under the liquid. Place a layer of the thinly sliced salmon on top. Cover with the remaining potatoes. Bake for around 45 minutes until golden on top.