Created by Stephanie Johnston
1. Preheat the oven to 200c.
2. Warm the milk in the microwave for 40 seconds (it should be warm but not too hot to touch)
3. Pour the warm milk into a large bowl, stir in the sugar and yeast, mix until the yeast has dissolved.
4. Sieve in the flour and salt. Stir with a wooden spoon to form a stiff dough.
5. Flour your hands and work surface, knead dough for 5 minutes.
6. Return the dough to the bowl, cover with cling film an leave to prove in a warm place for 40 minutes.
7. Knead the dough again, roll into 8 long strips about 4 cm thick and 25cm long. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes or until golden.
8. Remove and cool on a wire tray.
9. When cool, spoon on the sour cream and smoked salmon, sprinkle with capers and black pepper and serve.