You will need:
Bundt cake tin, greased and lined (like the mould for jelly, but oven proof)
Turn the oven on to 180c
For the cake:
- Cream the Avonmore Butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, ground almonds and baking powder and mix in to the Avonmore Butter mixture.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs to a foam.
- Add the eggs, fold gently, add the milk, orange zest and juice and combine gently again.
- Slice the cranberries and cherries in half and fold into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes in the oven. The cake should be cooked through, test with a cake tester. The mixture should come out clean but moist.
- Allow to cool on a rack. When the cake is completely cool, remove from the tin.
For the icing:
Melt the chocolate with the double cream in a pot on a low heat stirring all the time. Stir till smooth and remove from the heat. Allow to cool.
For the sparkling cranberries:
- Put 175g sugar and water in a pot and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes gently.
- Allow to cool and add the whole cranberries. Put in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the berries from the syrup. Roll in the granulated sugar. Set aside till dressing the cake
Place the cake on your chosen plate. Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the cake. Decorate the top with the sparkling cranberries. You can dot a few plain cranberries in places also to give a contrast.
Serve with Avonmore Freshly Whipped Cream.